Thursday, December 29, 2011

WalMart

If WalMart is selling it, QuikClot has gone mainstream.

A few weeks ago my wife told me something about WalMart. She has been hobbled by ankle and foot injuries since last April. Once she was able to get around it was tough for her. She has a handicap parking tag, so she can park close, but she still cannot get around well without an electric cart inside a store.

So, basically she only goes to stores that have electric carts available.

A few weeks ago I took her there. I usually park in the handicap spot and go get an electric cart for her. I suggested dropping her off at the door. She said go park in a handicap spot and bring her a cart. I asked what she did when she was by herself. She said WalMart gave her a phone number to call when she gets to the store. They send an employee out to the parking lot with an electric cart for her.

When she leaves, an employee goes out to her car with her, helps her load, and then takes the cart back in for her.

She said if she has too much stuff to shop for and it won't fit in the basket on the electric cart, WalMart sends an employee around with her to push a regular cart for her.

Somehow I do not think WalMart makes all that much money on us with all the extra attention she gets.

No comments: