Monday, December 19, 2011

Rock Cut State Park NW Horse Trails 12-19-11

5.1 miles. Just about 2 and a half hours. We parked at the route 173 parking lot, and wandered around on the horse trails in the NW corner of the park. Under normal circumstance I would have stayed longer but I had an eye doctor appointment. These trails and the ones we were on yesterday will soon be closed to hikers, once there is enough snow for skiing. So, we might as well hike them while we still can. Nice day. Mid 40s. A bit windy out in the open.

Deer prints.
/
At first I thought these were walnuts, but they seem too big, and don't look like any walnuts I have ever seen before. Much greener and larger. But, I think that is what they are. There was a bunch of them. The toe of my boot is there to provide scale.
/
Probably coyote. Note the long toe nails. Might be a dog with long toe nails though.
/
Deer scat?
/
An old trail marker.
/

No comments: