Friday, May 24, 2013

Free Kindle Books 5-24-13

PLEASE. Do everyone a favor and write an Amazon review if you end up reading a book (or trying to and giving up in disgust). It does not have to be much. Just tell what you think of the book.

From the top 100 free list
I did not list any of them since they don't interest me much, but there are a bunch of religious oriented books on the list today that some might be interested in. Click on the link above and search through the Free List Tab if you are interested in such books.

Noble Beginnings: A Jack Noble Thriller (Jack Noble #1)
In March of 2002, while the eyes of the world focused on Afghanistan, Jack Noble finds himself on the outskirts of Baghdad, Iraq. A Marine in name only, Jack is on-loan to the CIA. Normally an integral part of the team, he finds that he is nothing more than a security detail in Iraq.

Jack and his partner Bear have a run-in with four CIA special agents over the treatment of an Iraqi family. Within hours Jack and Bear are detained.

All Jack wanted was to finish his enlistment and move on with his life. All he did was intervene and save a family from unwarranted violence at the hands of four CIA agents. But he soon discovers that he did far more than intervene. He has placed himself dead square in the middle of a conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of the U.S. government.

This Jack Noble political thriller is not for the feint of heart!

5 star:(53)
4 star:(38)
3 star:(13)
2 star:(10)
1 star:(7)

[#2. The author is regularly on the top 100 free list. ]

The Blade (The Mafia Trilogy Book Two)
[#8. 2nd day.]

FURIES : An Ancient Alexandrian Thriller
[#21. 2nd day. Caught my eye because I am a fan of historical fiction.]

I Hope You Find Me
Life for Riley ends when her young children die in her arms…victims of a global viral outbreak that claims the lives of everyone she’s ever known. Left to fend for herself with only a dog as her companion, she sets out on a journey to find others, leaving notes everywhere she goes…hoping that one day someone will come looking for her. When Riley meets the handsome yet mysterious Connor on the streets of Downtown San Diego, they form a bond unlike either has experienced before. When the things that go bump in the night turn out to be more than nightmares, the trio sets off for the mountains in search of an isolated resort where they can hunker down, away from the ominous shadows of the dead city streets. The peace and tranquility of the woods isn’t enough to keep the darkness away for long though and soon Riley and Connor are forced to accept that the World and the few people left alive in it will never be the same. The shadows of their past may haunt them forever…threatening to destroy what little dreams they have left of a future unless they fight to stay in the light and never lose their hope.

1/9
Family and Friends: The dog and I have left to find my Mom. Most of you know where her place is, the corner of 9th and F. I’ll leave a note there before I move on. Everyone here is…gone. I can’t stay. I’m not sure when or if I will come back here but leave a message anyway.
I hope you find me. – Riley

5 star:(66)
4 star:(16)
3 star:(4)
2 star:(4)
1 star:(1)

#27. I got this when it was free in late April. I am a fan of PA fiction so I gave it a shot. It is pretty bad. I quit on it. I have yet to write a review on it, but it will likely be getting a one star review from me in the near future. YMMV.]

ETA: 5-25-13. The one star review I posted today.

Bad Radio (The Emergent Earth)
 [#70. 3rd day. I almost did not put this one up. Something about the description probably. But, it has a lot of good reviews.]

Europe's Financial Crisis: A Short Guide to How the Euro Fell Into Crisis and the Consequences for the World
[#71. I got it from the AR15.com free book thread May 21. It has been on and off the list since then. Have not looked at it yet.]


No comments: